The Social Cooperative Society La Strada was constituted in 1993 and it inherited the activities managed since then by the volunteer Association. It was founded to better organize and structure the previous services for minors and adults in need and it was successful in expanding activities and intervention areas in Milan suburbs.
The mission of La Strada is to reach the general interest of the community by fostering a better-quality life and the social integration of the citizens through the management of social, sanitary, assistance and education services.
More specifically it deals with:
- education of Italian and foreign young people;
- housing and training of single mothers with children,
- assistance and care of children with family problems,
- rehabilitation of minors who have committed criminal offences;
- prevention of youth problems, the support to victims of abuse;
- early school leaving combat and vocational guidance;
- assistance and care to Aids victims;
- support to people with psychiatric problems and homeless people;
- support to elderly people living alone.
The Social Cooperative “Nuovi Orizzonti Sociali”, was born in 1985 with the object of planning and running social interventions for the elderly, the differently abled and the minors. An increasingly numerous and united team has developed in over thirty years in the social assistance and educational field, a model of professionalism, participation and inclusion in the public project.
The considerable increase in dimensions of the company, which now has over 200 employees, has led Nuovi Orizzonti Sociali to carry out some strategies to make the company more competitive and in perfect harmony with the present economic and social demands: structuring of the company website, internal reorganization in terms of roles and responsibilities and creation of a European project office.
The Nuovi Orizzonti Sociali Cooperative acts in the interest of the community around the following intervention centres:
- Social Assistance area
- Health and Hygiene area
- Education area
- Planning and Innovation area
- European Planning
ARES 2.0 is a company specialized in socio-economic research, institutional communication, complex project management and training.
Currently the company operates through a network of 35 research experts in statistical, economic and social sciences, trainers, communication creatives, videomakers, designers and management experts.
The areas of consolidated interest of ARES 2.0 are: labor market and professional training, sustainability and security, welfare, social policies and citizenship, undeclared economy and criminality, local development and business competitiveness, industrial policy and Made in Italy. With this configuration, ARES 2.0 has elaborated 76 research products, 46 communication activities and 105 audiovisual products over the last five years.
Since 2013, following the challenges and opportunities coming from the global market, Ares embarked on an internationalization path and establish a European project unit. Leveraging on the expertise and the network developed in the management of complex national projects and alongside the new resources specialized in the management of European projects, today ARES 2.0 is a company able to seize and exploit the heterogeneous financing opportunities coming from the Community system and to develop research projects and social intervention in different areas.
Dinamika Center Association works on the problems of prevention and protection against domestic violence in the Rousse region. The center’s team has been working actively since its inception to inform the public on the problems of violence against women and children and has cooperated with many state services and institutions – police, court, prosecutor’s office, healthcare facilities, as well as non-governmental organizations from the country and abroad.
Services provided by the centre : Consultative support center of women and children survivors of violence; Social Service – Anti crisis center with specially targeted prevention programs :
- Social Competence Development Programs – Problem solving skills; job search skills; communication skills and interpersonal interaction. Group trainings lead by qualified trainers from the team with partcipants from the center customers;
- Training programs – interactive training for students related to the problems of violence and prevention of risky sexual behavior among young people.
Since 2009 DOMINO Volunteers Youth Club has been organized ( boys and girls aged 15-19), P2P trainers on human rights, discrimination, health topics
WOMEN’S CENTER OF KARDITSA is a non-profit Municipal organization, established in 1992. It is the oldest Women’s Supporting Center in Greece and the only one in Greece that “belongs” to the Local authorities, the Municipality of Karditsa.
WCK’s main concern is the continuous operation of a network of people-executives and organizations in local, regional, national and transnational level, to provide the best and more efficient services to the women of the Prefecture of Karditsa.
The vision of WCK is that men and women can have equal rights and responsibilities, in terms of work, family, politics, authority, leisure time in a world without gender based violence.
WCK, also implements National, Regional, Local and European projects aiming at:
- promoting equal opportunities
- fighting against discrimination and inequality in working environments, abolishing professional segregation
- combining professional and family life
- informing and activating citizens in matters of social inequality against women
- sensitizing them against violence against women, teenagers, children
- spreading practices for the implementation of the above
Zavod Odprta dlan is a non-government organization, founded on a wish to offer psychosocial support to individuals, improving access to psychotherapy services and enable free help for individuals who can not afford to receive treatment.
Since 2015 the emphasis of the organization is on providing psychosocial support to children and adolescents in all aspects of their lives. Main activities and programs carried out in ZOD are:
- Psychosocial support to children, adolescents and their caregivers.
- Individual, partner and group psychotherapy.
- Advocate – A Childs’s Voice project (professional assiatance to a child to express their opinion in all proceedings and matters involving the child, and to forward the child’s opinion to those competent authorities and institutions which decide on the child’s rights and best interests).
- Workshops for better self-image, autonomy, communication, relationships and emotions.
- School for parents.
- Psychosocial support to victims of violence.